Meet our Contributors
Meet Our Contributors - Ask Us Anything!
When Slack seems like it’s going too fast, and you just need a quick answer from a human…
Meet Our Contributors gives you a monthly one-hour opportunity to ask questions about our upstream community, watch interviews with our contributors, and participate in peer code reviews.
Every first Wednesday of the month at the following times:
- 03:30pm UTC Convert to your timezone.
Follow along live: Kubernetes YouTube Channel
Ask questions: #meet-our-contributors Slack channel
To ask anonymously, direct message the host on Slack. They will ID at the start of the show.
Watch past recordings: Playlist of previous Meet-Our-Contributors monthly meetings
What You’ll Gain By Participating:
- An opportunity to learn more about how to get started contributing to K8s
- A chance to get your PRs reviewed by members of the community
- Peer code review that can help you get more eyes on your code, or learn more about a part of the Kubernetes code that may have you struggling
- A deeper understanding of the unique role that our contributors occupy in the Kubernetes ecosystem as a whole
- Practical advice and hands-on tips for how you can get started as a Kubernetes contributor, become a member, or otherwise contribute to the project
- How our contributors got started with k8s
- Advice for getting attention on your PR
- GitHub tooling and automation
- Your first commit
Submitting questions and/or code for review/walk through:
- Day of on Twitter - use the hashtag #k8smoc after your question
- Slack - Ask your question in #meet-our-contributors
Questions will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The first half of the discussion will be dedicated to questions for contributors and in the second half, we will pick a problem (in advance) for peer code review.
Code snip / PR for peer code review / Suggestion for part of codebase walk through:
- At least 24 hours before the session to Slack channel (#meet-our-contributors)
Problems will be chosen based on time commitment needed, the skills of the reviewer, and if a large amount are submitted, need for the project.
Call for Mentor Panelists!
Expectations of mentors:
- Be online 5 minutes early. You can look at questions in the queue by joining the #meet-our-contributors Slack channel to give yourself some time to prepare.
- Expect questions about the contribution process, membership, navigating the Kubernetes seas, testing, and general questions about you and your path to open source/Kubernetes. It’s okay if you don’t know the answer!
- We will be using video chat (Zoom, but livestreaming through YouTube) but voice-only is fine if you are more comfortable with that.
- Be willing to provide suggestions and feedback to make this process & experience better!
Was this page helpful?